- MJ Lopez, GJ Matthews, and BS Baumer. How often does the best team win? A unified approach to understanding randomness in North American sport. The Annals of Applied Statistics. 12 (4), pp. 2018, 2483–2516.
- GJ Matthews, PG Tuy, and RK Arthur. An examination of statistical disclosure issues related to publication of aggregate statistics in the presence of a known subset of the dataset using Baseball Hall of Fame ballots. Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports. 13 (1), 2017, pp. 1-10.
MJ Lopez and GJ Matthews. Building an NCAA mens basketball predictive model and quantifying its success. Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports 11 (1), 2015, pp. 5-12.
BS Baumer, ST Jensen, and GJ Matthews. openWAR: An Open Source System for Evaluating Overall Player Performance in Major League Baseball. Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, 11 (2), 2015, pp. 69-84.
- BS Baumer and GJ Matthews. There is no avoiding WAR. CHANCE, 27 (3), 2014, pp. 41-44.
- A comparison of machine learning techniques for taxonomic classification of teeth from the Family Bovidae. Journal of Applied Statistics, 45(15), 2018. pp. 2773-2787.
- J Wood , GJ Matthews, J Pellowski, and O Harel. (In Press) Comparing Different Planned Missingness Designs in Longitudinal Studies. Sankhya: The Indian Journal of Statistics
- TP Levine, GJ Matthews, HF Calero, VM Badner. Comparison of Inter and Intra-Operator Differences for Cephalometric Landmark Identification on Three-Dimensional CBCT Images using Pro Plan CMF. Journal of Dentistry and Dental Medicine. 1(1), 2017. JDDM-1-104.
- N Laniado, S Olive, GJ Matthews. Children’s orthodontic utilization in the United States: Socioeconomic and surveillance considerations. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics. 152(5), 2017. pp. 672-678.
- GJ Matthews, GK Thiruvathukal, M Luetkemeier, and JK Brophy. Examining the use of Amazon’s Mechanical Turk for Edge Extraction of the Occlusal Surface of Fossilized Bovid Teeth. PLoS ONE 12(7), 2017. e0179757.
- S Rachana, GJ Matthews, RY Shah, C McLaughlin, J Chen, M Wolman, et. al. Serum Fractalkine (CX3CL1) and Cardiovascular Outcomes and Diabetes: Findings From the Chronic Renal Insufficiency Cohort (CRIC) Study. American Journal of Kidney Diseases, 66 (2), 2015, pp. 266–273.
NN Mehta, GJ Matthews, P Krishnamoorthy, R Shah, C McLaughlin, et. al.
Higher plasma CXCL12 levels predict incident myocardial infarction and death in chronic kidney disease: findings from the Chronic Renal Insufficiency Cohort study. European Heart Journal, eht481, 2013.
- NN Mehta, G Matthews, P Krishnamoorthy, M Budoff, J Chen, M Glenn, et. al. Higher plasma CXCL12 levels predict incident cardiovascular disease events: Findings from the Chronic Renal Insufficiency Cohort Study. Circulation, 126 (21 Supplement), 2013, A13352.
KS Martin, E Havens, KE Boyle, G Matthews, EA Schilling, O Harel, and AM Ferris If you stock it, will they buy it? Healthy food availability and customer purchasingbehaviour within corner stores in Hartford, CT, USA. Public Health Nutrition, 15 (10), 2012, pp. 1973-1978.
- R Stockhausen, RH Aseltine Jr., GJ Matthews, B Kaufman. The perceived prognosis of endodontic treatment and implant therapy among dental practitioners. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontology, 111 (2), 2011, pp. e42-e47.
- AS Foulkes and GJ Matthews. MixMAP: An R Package for Mixed Modeling of Meta-Analysis p Values in Genetic Association Studies. Journal of Statistical Software, 66 (1), 2015, pp. 1-11.
- AS Foulkes, GJ Matthews, U Das, JF Ferguson, R Lin, and MP Reilly. Mixed Modeling of Meta-Analysis P-Values (MixMAP) Suggests Multiple Novel Gene Loci for Low Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol. PLoS ONE, 8 (2), 2013, e54812.
JF Ferguson, GJ Matthews, RR Townsend, DS Raj, PA Kanetsky, et. al. Candidate Gene Association Study of Coronary Artery Calcification in Chronic Kidney Disease. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 62 (9), 2013, pp. 789-798.
- GJ Matthews, O Harel, and RH Aseltine. A review of statistical disclosure control techniques employed by web-based data query systems. Journal of Public Health Management & Practice. 23(4), 2017, e1-e4.
- GJ Matthews, O Harel, and RH Aseltine. Privacy protection and aggregate health data: a review of tabular cell suppression methods (not) employed in public health data systems. Health Services and Outcomes Research Methodology, 16(4), 2016, pp. 258-270.
- GJ Matthews and O Harel. Examining statistical disclosure issues involving digital images of ROC curves. Stat, 4 (1), 2015, pp. 235-245.
GJ Matthews, and O Harel. An Examination of Data Confidentiality and Disclosure Issues Related to Publication of Empirical ROC Curves. Academic Radiology, 20 (7), 2013, pp. 889-896.
GJ Matthews and O Harel. Assessing the privacy of randomized vector-valued queries to a database using the area under the receiver operating characteristic curve. Health Services and Outcomes Research Methodology, 12 (2-3), 2012, pp. 141-155.
- GJ Matthews and O Harel. Data confidentiality: A review of methods for statistical disclosure limitation and methods for assessing privacy. Statistics Surveys, 5, 2011, pp. 1-29.
GJ Matthews, O Harel, and RH Aseltine. Examining the robustness of fully synthetic data techniques for data with binary variables. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 80 (6), 2010, pp. 609-624.
GJ Matthews, O Harel, and RH Aseltine, Jr. Assessing database privacy using the area under the receiver-operator characteristic curve. Health Services and Outcomes Research Methodology, 10 (1-2), 2010, pp 1-15.